Saturday 3 May 2014

3 UP no 2 Craftyfield

Here I am saying hi again. Just had my dinner which was a nice prawn madras and all the trimmings. Now this is not on my what I can eat list but I couldn't help myself hehe.

I have been planning some days off which led me to think about late July when my third granddaughter is due to say hello to the world. This led me to think about having a photo of all three and how nice that will be. I loved the page Craftyfield shared on the PA blog and thought that making something similar would be great. 

I have a had these vintage photo copies for a while and when I saw the scrap page I thought they would be fab for this project.  You can see Craftyfield's here.



I used two papers from Chatsworth collection, one of which I cut to make it slightly smaller than the other. I loved the way Craftyfield had aged and tattered the page and so used similar techniques on mine. 



I  used fresco acrylics in Claret, London bus and Pumpkin soup to tone done the the paper and add some warmth. This was then stencilled with Lin Brown 001 stencil in the same colours to add pops of colours. 




I assembled all my bits and placed them on my page.










I cannot wait to be able to create something similar with the children it will be great fun. Thanks for looking. I loved to read your thoughts, come back again for my last post tonight. 

Debs xxxx





SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Gorgeous use of the pictures and a totally wonderful result. It will look fabulous when you make one with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful! Photos & background are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you have used. The background is the perfect backdrop for the beautiful, vintage images. The addition of that pure white feather and the red rose is just perfection: love it! Julie Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page, really like the tattered edge and the butterfly cut outs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab colours, great techniques and embellishments. Love the blood red rose and the splatters, looks like the feather has drawn blood. Blood can often signify family ties, wondering if your mind was already creating your family page.

    Stunning as usual Debs:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh This is a gorgeous page. Lovely embellishments and fab punching, I like colours combo too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply stunning page Deb! Looking forward to seeing your grandchildren page too :o)
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, love that red!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Debs this is gorgeous!! and I am sure you'll have a lot of fun doing one for the girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am catching up with blogger and I see this beautiful page inspired by my 3#UP layout. There is no better compliment and I am so thrilled! Love how you used the lace as a frame and the white feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, gorgeous use of the papers, and fabulous layout of the photos - all terrific images.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment on my blog. Your comments are appreciated.

Hugs Debs xxx

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig